Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ouch…it hurts

My dou sha bao good friend, Zinc said I am a FOP… I do see the truth in it now… In the past, I used to think that the problems that she mentioned were self imposed (as in I voluntarily inflict the sufferings on myself)…but it seems that now the problems that are manifesting are pretty significant and really affecting my physical self…Dunno why I woke up with a throbbing pain in my left foot on Sunday…did some search and I think it should be Achilles tendonitis. Didn’t think it was anything more serious than an uncomfortable ache during locomotion. But apparently it was more than that… Today, concentration level in class boasted a new low (not that it was ever much higher). I think the long May holiday certainly has a part in this conspiracy but the pulsing pain in my foot certainly is the mastermind… I have to do something about it…

Went to the school’s hospital to get my feet examined…I think the doctor was rather irritated with me for my incessant asking on how serious my condition was and how long my foot would take to recover…he gave a politically correct yet non informative answer... ‘It depends, some people respond better to the medicine and recover fast, some slowly, some never’…That really assured me… Then he noticed my ‘foreign’ accent or should I say poor command of Chinese language and he asked where I am from…The word ‘Singapore’ spurred an endless stream of questions from him…seems that he was really interested…from the food to the education system to the housing price to the average pay….blah blah blah…actually felt quite proud of myself that I could answer his questions…haha… Back to the diagnosis…He told me to get a certain herb called 白芷 and a small bottle of honey…I was quite amused when I saw that 2 words on the prescription formula…白芷 happens to be the first 2 words of one of my good fren’s name and she was telling us about this particular flower just weeks ago…didn’t realized I had this much affinity with it...Anyway...the doctor mixed the 2 ingredients into a paste and bandaged it up for me…I started to wonder how I am going to make it back with this mushy, sticky and sweet concoction plastered on my foot without the ants attacking me as if I am a candy bar …Well, the ants kept their distance thankfully, but the honey batter started seeping out through the sides… eurghhhhhhhhhhh…. With considerable effort, I made it back to the hostel alive…with half the stuff left in the bandage…That’s not the end…waterproofing the bandaged leg with plastic bag is apparently a brilliant idea just that I didn’t realize that the permeability of plastic bags to polar molecules like water can increase so dramatically when I use it… had to unwind the whole mess and dry it…I think my bandaging skill is better than the doctor…at least my bandage looks more sturdy now…Till now the stuff works but it is still under probation…hope it really does…

On a side note… I broke the toilet flush in my room today…some puny mechanism just broke when I pulled the flush…Zinc said it is about time I go bother the 服务员姐姐 since I have not been breaking any part of my room for a decent amount of time…

Posted by cloudy at 1:12 AM

|Add a comment | 0 comments |


0 Comments: